The plans are now in the hands of the Dartmoor National Park! We have submitted carefully considered, sensitive and meticulously thought out plans to develop the old buildings to provide accommodation and an education facility, along with new farm buildings for housing, caring for and learning about the animals.
For our application to be successful we would REALLY appreciate it if you would send a letter of support (or email) to The Planning Dept, Dartmoor National Park Authority, Parke, Bovey Tracey, Devon TQ13 9JQ or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please could you consider mentioning some (or all) of the following outcomes of a
• The visual enhancement of the landscape (removing unsightly old farm buildings)
• Better compliance, H&S and accommodation both for visitors and animals
• Continuation, viability and sustainability of the work of the Trust that has been going on for 40 years, involving 3 generations who still visit the farm regularly.
• Consolidation of the ethos of the farms “hearth” principle which cannot happen if they stay at Bellever Youth Hostel
• Building on the investment in the farmhouse made in 2010
• Building on the development of Elizabeth Braund’s work
• The proposed development is sympathetic and commensurate to the landscape in
which it is set
• The whole development and work of the Trust is woven into the land in which it is set.
• It is a natural evolution of the farm
• Behind the whole development is the desire to maintain a traditional working farm, whilst maximizing the benefit it brings to others
Please pray for these plans, the wisdom of the planners and God’s future for the farm.